Does Medifees accept payments from providers ?
Payments are not accepted from any providers or medical facilities to be included in our database.
How does medifees get it’s procedure cost data ?
Our procedure & treatment cost information is derived from federal and state agencies, medical facilities, the private sector, and patients.
Do you have every medical facility ?
Currently, we have over 14,000 hospitals and medical facilities.
What is a Chargemaster ?
A Chargemaster is a listing of each item that could be billed to a patient, payers or other health care provider. Each medical facility is equipped with a chargemaster.
How does medifees make money ?
Currently, our services are free.
What types of medical providers does your database
Medical providers included in our database are:
- MD → Medical Doctor
- DPM → Doctor of Podiatry
- DDS/DMD → Dentist
- DC → Chiropractor
- DO → Osteopathy Doctor
- PA → Physician Assistant
- NP → Nurse Practitioner
- OD → Optometrist
- RN → Registered Nurse
- CRNA → Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists
- LMSW → Licensed Master Social Worker
- DPT → Doctor of Physical Therapy
- CNP → Certified Nurse Practitioner
- MPT → Master of Physical Therapy
- FNP → Family Nurse Practitioner
- A.u.D → Doctor of Audiology
- P.T → Physical Therapists
- O.T → Occupational Therapists
Is Medicare the only type of data you have ?
No, our cost data is aggregated from several sources.